BSEE Objectives and Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
Within three years of attaining the BSEE degree:
- Graduates will be working in their chosen field or will be successfully pursuing a graduate degree.
- Graduates will be situated in growing careers, generating new knowledge and exercising leadership in the field of electrical engineering.
- Graduates will be contributing to the needs of society through professional practice, research, and service.
The Student Outcomes (SOs) of the BSEE program are:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.