Professor (Graduate and Teaching Faculty), Electrical Engineering
Dr. Arkadan is the author of over 120 technical papers. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) “For contributions to computer aided characterization and design optimization of electric machines and drive systems.” He is also a Fellow of the Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES).
Dr. Arkadan chaired several national and international conferences, including the First IEEE-IEMDC, IEEE-CEFC, IEEE GreenTech (GT), and the Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Conference, among others. He served on several editorial boards and as the Editor-in-Chief for June 2017 Special Issue of IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. Dr. Arkadan is a member of IEEE-CEFC International Steering Committee and its Past Chair, ACES Society Past President, and ACES Journal Associate Editor.
Brown Hall 314E
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Mississippi
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Clarkson University, New York
- Power and Energy Systems
- Electric Machines and Drives
- Design Optimization
- Renewable and Efficient Energy and Power Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Onboard Aerospace and Marine Power Systems
- A. Arkadan, and M.A. Gutierrez-McCoy, “Power Transformer Characterization and Design Optimization Environment,” Presented at IEEE Conference on Electromagnetic Field Computation (CEFC), Denver CO, 24 – 26 October 2022, and Accepted for publication at IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Early Access DOI: 10.1109/TMAG.2023.3237750.
- Rakan Almazmomi, and Abd A. Arkadan, “Dynamic Wireless Power Transfer Characterization Environment,” Presented at IEEE Conference on Electromagnetic Field Computation (CEFC), Denver CO, 24 – 26 October 2022, and Accepted for publication at IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Early Access DOI: 10.1109/TMAG.2023.3238268.
- A. Arkadan, and N. Al-Aawar, “Taguchi-EM-AI Design Optimization Environment for SynRM Drives in Traction Applications,” International Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Journal, Vol. 35, No. 11, November 2020.
- Hao Zhang, and A. A. Arkadan, “B-H Curve Based Model for CT Error Evaluation,” Accepted for publication in IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 55, No. 6, Article 0018-9464, June 2019.
- Arkadan, A.A., Hijazi, T.M., and El-Masri, B, “Design Evaluation of Conventional and Toothless Stator Wind Power Axial-Flux PM Generator,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 53, No. 6, Article 8104404, June 2017.
- Arkadan, A.A. and El-Hariri, M., “EM–SS-Wavelets for Characterization of High-Speed Generators in Distributed Generation,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 52, No. 2, Article 8101504, March 2016.
- Al-Aawar, N. and Arkadan A.-R.A., “Optimal Control Strategy for Hybrid Electric Vehicle Powertrain,” IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, Vol. 03, No. 2, pp. 362-370, June 2015.
- Arkadan, A.A., Al-Aawar, N., and Hariri, A.O. “EM-Taguchi Module for the Characterization of WAD,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 51, No. 3, Article 8202304, March 2015.